domingo, 28 de noviembre de 2010

Mis experiencias en Taiwan - IMAX Movie Theater

Expecting to be impressed by IMAX technology, I went to Taipei last saturday to see Harry Potter the Deathly Hallows Part 1, (from this last I wasn't expecting anything good, and I was right), but from IMAX I was expecting an totally different and new experience, but it wasn't. I just saw a bigger screen, bigger than an average but beside that and the pretty good sound system's quality, I didn't see anything as awesome as I was expecting, what you see in IMAX are just larger images, which is good if you have sight problems or if you read subtitles, you can read it more easily with this letter size (if you don't read it with IMAX, better go to visit an ophthalmologist). 


I guess that there is to way to be impressed by IMAX:


- One is to watch a movie in a even larger screen than the one I saw in Ximen, Taipei. According to wikipedia a standard IMAX screen is 22 × 16.1 m (72 × 52.8 ft), but can be larger.
- Watch a movie in IMAX and 3D technology at the same time. Wikepedia says that  all IMAX projectors, except the standard GT system, can project 3D images. That, I think would be a TOTALLY new experience, e.g. TRON.


There is another option, a friend told me that in Taipei Astronomical Museum he watched a movie in IMAX DOME theater. This is called  OMNIMAX which use a GT projector with a fish-eye lens to project an image on a tilted hemispheric dome screen. I'm planning to go there soon, then I will let you know.




1 comentario: